Preamble: The essential elements of character building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship
and six core principles: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship. The highest potential
of sports is achieved when competition reflects these six pillars of character.
- I will not force my child to participate in wrestling.
- I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the sport is for youth not adults.
- I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- I will learn the rules of wrestling and the policies of the Peak2Peak Wrestling (P2P).
- I will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy and by demonstrating
positive support for all wrestlers, coaches, officials and spectators at every practice, tournament or other
- I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, athlete or parent such as
booing and taunting, refusing to shake hands or using profane language or gestures.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of the athletes.
- I will teach my child to obey the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will demand that my child treat other wrestlers, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, gender
or ability .
- I will teach my child that doing one's best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated
by the outcome of a match or his/her performance.
- I understand my wrestler will wrestle in their designated age group and will not be allow to wrestle down an age group for
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning.
- I will also de-emphasize competition in the lower age groups I will promote the emotional and physical well being of the athletes
ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during competition and will not confront coaches during a match I will demand
a sports. environment for my child that is free from drugs and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at events.
In an effort to keep coaches and parents informed, you will be included in the monthly newsletter. This will inform parents of wrestlers
on P2P format as well as any time critical information, such as adjustments to tournament start times, or even cancellations due
to weather. Please note: Unless I-25 is closed in a tournament's immediate area, we will still have the tournament. You can opt
out of the newletter at anytime by selecting the opt out option, and your email will ONLY be used for the P2P newsletter